Rules of Engagement
- I will be passionate — about SuccessFactors’ mission, about my work. I will love what we do for companies and employees everywhere.
- I will demonstrate respect for the individual; I will be nice and listen to others, and respect myself. I will act with integrity and professionalism.
- I will do what it takes to get the job done, no matter what it takes, but within legal and ethical boundaries.
- I know that this is a company, not a charity. I will not waste money — I will question every cost.
- I will present an exhaustive list of solutions to problems — and suggest actionable recommendations.
- I will help my colleagues and recognize the team when we win. I will never leave them behind when we lose.
- I will constantly improve Kaizen! I will approach every day as an opportunity to do a better job, admitting to and learning from my mistakes.
- I will selflessly pursue customer success.
- I will support the culture of meritocracy and pay for performance.
- I will focus on results and winning — scoring points, not just gaining yardage.
- I will be transparent. I will communicate clearly and be brutally honest, even when it’s difficult, because I trust my colleagues.
- I will always be in sales and drive customer satisfaction.
- I will have fun at work and approach my work with enthusiasm.
- I will be a good person to work with — I will not be an asshole.
I agree to live these values. If my colleagues fail to live up to any of these rules, I will speak up and will help them correct; in turn, I will be open to constructive criticism from my colleagues should I fail to live by these values. I understand that my performance will be judged in part by how well I demonstrate these values in my daily work.
Do you work for a company like this? If not, is it possible to help create this type of company culture?